Thursday, February 28, 2008

Project Runway Showdown

This wouldn't be a true fashion blog without discussing the show in search of the "Next Great American Designer."  I have been a huge Project Runway fan since the show began four seasons ago, and last night left viewers, me included, in suspense as Chris and Rami battled it out on the runway.  Last week when Heidi declared that both Chris and Rami would create collections, but only one would show at New York Fashion Week, I wondered if it was just a stunt and perhaps they would have four designers once again.  Though it wasn't to be.  After the show which carried an intense dark, gothic vibe from both designers (chris even included human hair in his collection!!)  The judges voted Chris Auf! leaving Christian, Jillian, and Rami to show next week.  While I have been a fan of Christian's throughout the show, I more impressed by Jillian's talent every time I see her work.  The preview of Rami's collection left me interested to see the rest of his pieces as I found him often uneventful throughout the airing of the show.  From the preview of the collections, Christian's had a highly stylized, almost costumy Gothic/Mideval vibe.  Jillian's had a Joan of Arc, womanly, armor feel, and Rami's carried a dark, goth diva tone.  I can't wait till next week to see what happens! For more on Project Runway check out Bravo Tv.com

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/index.php

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Poor Chris - sent back to the Monkey House too soon!

Click here for DavidDust’s Project Runway recap.

Bye…love you…love your hair!