Sunday, September 21, 2008

Who says Cheap can't be Chic?

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a girl who loves a bargain.  Don't get me wrong, I can drool over expensive couture all day long, but when it comes down to actually forking over the cash (or plastic) I just won't do it.  But I love expensive brands.  Basically my motto is this..."I want nice things, but only want to pay a dollar for them." Now I understand that a dollar may not be realistic for a pair of BCBG pants or a pair of Oscar De La Renta sunglasses, but I've bought both for less than ten dollars.  How, you may ask?  I shop around.  Stores like Marshalls, TJ Max, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory...all of these have expensive name brands for much less than half of the regular retail price.  The styles are current and pieces are usually in excellent condition. The clearance racks are my favorite.  I'm like a moth to a flame.  You have to be patient and sometimes picky, but if you look carefully, you can walk out of the store with 5 pairs of pants for less than 20 bucks...like I did last week.  

1 comment:

Goddess said...

OMG those are some of my favorite stores to shop in...most people hate Ross or Marshalls because you have to dig so hard to find the good stuff. But that's what makes it that much better when you walk to the register knowing that you found a great pair of jeans for $9.99!!!